On May 22, 2008, we will host Dr. Gary L. McIntosh at the Kentucky Baptist Convention building for a one-day conference that will focus on assimilation. The event will be the final stop of the 2008 Assimilation Tour that we will conduct across the state.
- Invite your guests with a personal invitation.
- Arrive early to make sure everything is ready for your guests’ arrival.
- Greet your guests warmly at the entrance and escort them to their seats.
- Assist guests in understanding what is taking place.
- Anticipate and answer as many questions as possible in advance, so guests do not have to ask.
- Do something extra to make your guests’ visit special.
- Walk guests to the door and invite them back.
Assimilation is not complicated, but it is not easy. To sum with one sentence, “Treat people the way you would want to be treated!” Be a great host.