The last few days, Nelson Searcy has been answering assimilation questions on his blog, Church Leader Insights. These posts are a MUST READ if you are seeking to improve in the area of assimilation. Searcy’s posts include answers to the following questions:
- What do you say to get people to fill out their Connection Cards?
- Do you do a newcomer’s reception?
- Do guests have to hand their Connection Cards in to someone in exchange for the free gift?
- How do you measure your Connection Card completion rate?
- How do you get both husband and wife to fill out a Connection Card?
I recently featured Searcy’s excellent assimmilation book, Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church here on my blog. Be sure to get your own copy of his book and check out these recent posts:
- Fusion, Biblical Hospitality
- Fusion, God’s Assimilation Plan
- Fusion, Seven Minutes and Counting
- Fusion, Street to the Seat
- The Worship Planning Seminar
- The Evangelism Seminar
- The Assimilation Seminar
- The Small Groups Seminar
- The Stewardship Seminar
- The Strategy Seminar
One other note of recommendation. I had a little trouble with a download from Church Leader Insights. When I called to talk to them about the problem, they were extremely gracious and generous in correcting the problem. No wonder their ministry and church is growing!!!