Christmas is about a fulfilled promise.
For over 1,000 years the Jews had been waiting for the Messiah to come. Over 300 times God had inspired the prophets to prophesy concerning the promise of the coming of Christ. The result of this was that the O.T. prophets had predicted almost every stage of the life of Jesus hundreds of years before it happened. The possibilities of all these prophecies happening by mere chance is mathematically astronomical! It indeed was a miracle.
All of these prophesies were fulfilled because they are the prophecies of God, & God’s prophecies are always-true. He never breaks a promise. God’s Word gives us hope regardless of our situation. That’s why you should read it every day and apply it to your life, that’s what disciples do.
- Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14) Matt.1:18.
- Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2) Matt. 2:1
- Betrayed for 30 pieces of Silver (Zech. 11:12) Matt. 26:15
- Beat and spat upon (Isaiah 50:6) Matt. 26:67
- Hands and feet pierced (Ps. 22:16) Matt. 27:35
- Crucified with thieves (Isaiah 53:12) Matt.27:38
- Gambled for his clothing (Ps. 22:18) Jn.19:23-24
- Bones were not broken (Ps. 34:20) John 19:33
- His side pierced (Zech. 12:10) John 19:34
- Buried in a rich Man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9) Matt. 27:57-60
Remember this Christmas season that God’s timing is perfect. Never doubt God’s timing in your life. Today you can personally trust in the promises of God and His unfailing love.
Keep the Son in Your Eyes,