KBREA will host Steve Parr, coauthor of Why They Stay, on May 26, 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM, at Warren Association of Baptists in Bowling Green. Pastors, staff, parents. and church leaders are invited. Save the date now!
Do you want your children to be serving actively in the local church when they turn thirty and beyond? Why They Stay can help! Register now at www.kybaptist.org/stay. Cost is only $20 and includes a copy of the book and lunch.
Much has been written about younger adults and their departure from church involvement. Concerned parents and church leaders want to know what has caused them to depart. Instead of asking why young adults are leaving the church, Parr and Crites conducted a national research project of those who grew up in church and are still serving faithfully. They studied why they have stayed and the results are compelling. Parr will share findings along with personal experiences and stories.
You will learn as a parent, pastor, or church leader specific actions that you can take to make a definitive difference in whether or not the fifteen-year-olds attending your church now are still attending and serving when they turn thirty.
You will discover:
- fifteen factors that make a great difference in the likelihood that children and teens will remain in church as adults
- ten issues that make somewhat of a difference in lifetime involvement
- five surprises that do not make as much difference as you might think
- the greatest gap discovered in the ministry focus of a church
- actions you can take as a parent that greatly increase the likelihood your children will remain faithful to church when they are adults
- strategies church leaders can implement that increase the probability that children and youthgroup members will serve in the church as adults
Why They Stay is much more than numbers and data. The information can help you be more effective in your parenting and church leadership.