Like American Idol, the recent television program, Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader, has been quite a hit for Fox and host, Jeff Foxworthy. Let’s face it, some kids are very smart, and often, they say the wisest things! Listen to some of the remarkable wisdom of children from around the country.
- “When your dad is mad and asks you, ‘Do I look stupid?’ don’t answer.” Hannah, 9
- “Stay far away from prunes.” Randy, 9
- “Don’t squat with your spurs on.” Noronha, 13
- “Puppies still have bad breath after you brush their teeth with dad’s toothbrush.” Charlie, 9
- “Never hold a Shop Vac and a cat at the same time.” John, 9
- “Don’t wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.” Kellie, 11
- “If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.” Naomi, 15
- “Felt markers are not really good to use as lipstick.” Lauren, 9
- “When you get a bad grade at school, show it to your mom when she’s on the phone.” Alyesha, 13
Two of the saddest things in this world is a child who can’t learn and an adult who won’t. Every day you and I can learn something that will make us a better person and a more devout follower of Jesus. Every week our church can learn ways to be more effective at assimilating newcomers and helping our members to become fully-devoted followers of Jesus. One way to learn more about assimilation is to attend the Assimilation Tour 2008 and/or the Beyond the First Visit event.
Prayer: “Lord, help us to stay curious. Help us have a hunger for You and a thirst for knowledge. Help us to be content in our salvation, but discontent in our level of spiritual maturity. Help us to do whatever it takes to be more like you in our thoughts, in our ways, and in our heart! Amen.”