Here are a few thoughts on how discipleship is changing in the way churches approach it.
- Then Church Training (Discipleship Training) now “Disciple Making.”
- Then Sunday Night 6PM now Anytime.
- Then At Church now Anywhere.
- Then Curriculum Driven now Highly Relational.
- Then Large Group (over 10) now Small Group (under 10).
- Then Master Teacher now Full Participation (everyone tells their story).
- Then Addition now Multiplication (Exponential).
- Then Random Courses/Studies now Intentional Process.
- Then Lecture now Discussion/Modeling.
- Then Destination now Journey.
- Then No Accountability now High Accountability (not legalistic).
- Then Short View now Life Long View.
- Then Random/Disconnected now Sequential/Thought out Strategy.
- Then Every Week now Semester Approach.
- Then Finished/Arrived/Done now Movement.
- Then Program Discipleship now Personal Discipleship.
- Then Knowledge Transferred now Life Transformed.
- Then Mental Assent/Cognitive now Life Application/Heart.
- Then Program now Process.
- Then Self Promoting/Me now Missional/Community/Us.
- Then Class/Surface Relationships now Life on Life/Authenticity.
- Then Side lines now Front lines.
- Then Feeding now Equipping/Building Disciple-Makers.
Keep the Son in Your Eyes,