Our Lord commanded it. You know you should be doing it. But you cannot seem to get started (or keep focused) on disciple-making.
Distractions and Solutions
Which of these 7 disciple-making distractions are you experiencing?
- Busyness. Are you filling your day and your calendar with so much that you don’t have time to be a disciple and invest in disciple-making? Solution: Calendar time with God and for disciple-making.
- Procrastination. Do you continue to commit to start tomorrow? Solution: Commit to God and a trusted friend who will hold you accountable.
- Perfection. Are you waiting for the perfect strategy or resource? Solution: Since it will never be perfect, get started now. Tweak the strategy and materials used as you go.
- Regret. Are you looking back like Lot’s wife in Genesis 19? Solution: Let go. Place your burdens on Him. Move toward His preferred future for you and your disciple.
- Competition. Are you envious of what others are doing and trying to do it even better than they are? Solution: Change your focus. Our judge is the Lord who simply wants us to give Him our best.
- Tiredness. Are you so tired every day that you cannot imagine adding anything to your schedule? Solution: Schedule rest. Eat properly. Exercise. Seek medical help. Recognize that your discipleship relationship with God and others will energize you.
- Ignorance. Are you simply ignoring or unaware of the task, the people, and the need? Solution: Ask for God’s help to recognize what He wants to do through you.
Identify your distractions. Ask for God’s help. Make a fresh start. Be a disciple that makes disciples!