Here are the chapter titles in the anagram VELCRO from the book title:
- Valuing every person as a gift from God
- Engaging every guest with intentionality
- Leading our friends to Christ
- Connecting to community
- Recognizing relationships as key to assimilation
- Organizing small groups for ongoing care.
The live web conference will be simulcast to three locations around Kentucky:
- Kentucky Baptist Convention, 13420 Eastpoint Centre Dr, Louisville
- Versailles Baptist Church, 125 Green St E, Versailles
- Eastwood Baptist Church, 500 Eastwood Dr, Bowling Green.
Each of the three local groups will plan to fellowship over a dutch treat meal following the simulcast. Plan to join the group closest to you. Books will be available for purchase at each location for $7 (bring a check or exact change if possible).
This is the kind of a book after reading that would help a team develop a plan for greater effectiveness and fruitfulness. Gather a team. Work on implementing the strategy a step at a time. If your team needs help, don’t be afraid to ask another church, pastor, association, state convention, or even Mike James.
Begin in prayer. Velcro your guests, new members, and faithful members. Make disciples. For more assimilation ideas, check out these blog posts:
- Support for Six Expectations of Disciples
- Tracking Your Disciple-Making
- Key New Member Class Questions, Part 1
- Key New Member Class Questions, Part 2
- Addressing Transition Weakness: Assimilation and Disciple-making
- Discipleship Encourager Actions
- The Best Assimilation Strategy
- How to Keep New Members