Okay, let’s finish the helpful article by Tobin Berry at Pastors.com where he discussed A to Z steps that can help a person move to a deeper spiritual life in Christ. You can see steps A – H in A to Z Guide for Spiritual Growth, Part 1 and steps I – Q in A to Z Guide, Part 2. Here are the final steps….
- REACH out to a church member in need. You don’t have to go across the ocean to find people in need. If you have a small group, be sensitive to ways you can help your fellow church members in real and practical ways. Maybe you can buy a group member groceries, give her a ride to a doctor’s appointment or just provide a shoulder to cry on.
- SEARCH for your God-given SHAPE. God has especially designed you to serve Him in ministry. He gives you unique spiritual gifts, heart (passion), abilities, personality, and experiences that He expects you to use in ministry. Spend some time trying to discover your S.H.A.P.E. this year and begin using that SHAPE in ministry! CLASS 301 and the SHAPE interview afterwards provide wonderful tools to start you on this process.
- TEST your SHAPE by getting involved in a ministry. You’ll never know what ministry God SHAPE’d you for until you give it a try. Make the commitment to do that this year. You’ll be able to tell quickly if it isn’t for you. Then you can try something new! Eventually, you’ll find a good fit.
- UNDERSTAND God’s global plan. Since the day Adam first sinned, God has been reconciling the world to Himself. Currently, God is working through people just like you to make Himself known in cultures across the globe. Does God want to use you to reach the nations? Pray about what your part will be in God’s global plan.
- VISIT a neighbor with the intention of sharing Christ. Most of us have neighbors, friends or relatives who don’t know Christ. Make a commitment to visit them and tell your story about what God has done in your life!
- WRITE out your life message. Each of us have a special story about how God changed our life. Your story is unique to you. Take the time to write it out in 1, 3 and 5-minute versions. Then have the courage to share your story whenever God gives you an opportunity.
- XPRESS the Good News in your actions and words. We must learn to share our faith in Christ both verbally and in the way we live. One way is no more important than the other. Even though we might feel more comfortable sharing our faith in a particular manner, it doesn’t excuse us from doing it the other way. Using words without actions will seem shallow. Using actions without words will seem timid. Make it a point to express your faith to one person a month in the coming year.
- YIELD your rights to help lead a person to Christ. If you only lead people to Christ on your terms, you aren’t living up to your biblical responsibility. In 1 Corinthians 10, Paul tells us that we must forfeit even what we consider rights so others might come to know Christ. Take a look at the list of people in your life that need a life-changing relationship with God. What will you have to give up to see them make that commitment?
- Zzzz…zzzz…get some rest! – Worshipping, building relationships, growing spiritually, serving, and sharing your faith requires a rested soul!