Do you want to move discipleship to the next level through small groups and small classes?
Working with the Discipleship Network of Kentucky, we have hosted a series of discipleship events in 2018:
- Discipleship: 1-on-1. This was on March 22 with Chuck Lawless.
- Discipleship: D-Groups (3-6). This was on May 24 with a panel of practitioners.
You are invited for the third event, Discipleship: Small Groups (7+)…
Jesus said that we were to “go and make disciples” (Matt. 28:19). This is the primary responsibility of those who lead discipleship and small group ministries. During this conference we’ll answer the following questions:
- What is necessary for someone to become a mature disciple?
- Is the commitment we’re asking of those who are in our Sunday School classes and Small Groups the commitment necessary to become a mature disciple of Jesus Christ?
- What types of groups really do make disciples?
- How can we make disciples in groups of seven to twelve?
WHEN: Thursday, September 20, 10:00-Noon
WHERE: Warren Association of Baptists, 6448 Scottsville Rd, Bowling Green, KY (about a mile from I-65).
SPEAKER: Rick Howerton, Regional Consultant, Kentucky Baptist Convention. He is the author of Destination: Community Small-Group Ministry Manual and A Different Kind of Tribe: Embracing the New Small-Group Dynamic. He will share from his small group ministry and church planting experiences.
WHO: This event is for pastors, staff, and church leaders seeking to move discipleship to the next level through small groups and small classes.
SPONSORS: Discipleship Network of Kentucky and Kentucky Baptist Convention.
COST/REGISTER: Cost is free to DNKY members; $10 for all others. Register and pay at the event.
QUESTIONS: Call 502.489.3341 or 866.489.3341 (KY only) or email [email protected]