Celebration 2021 will emphasize grandparenting. Baby boomers, seniors, grandparents, and those who love children will want to join in this online event on April 13, 10:30-3:00 PM EST. We encourage you to plan a watch party at your church, including lunch.
The next generation of believers needs spiritual mentors, encouragers, prayer warriors, and friends. Grandparents can be disciple-makers. Boomers and seniors often have time and wisdom to offer. Use this opportunity for eternal good!
Register today for Celebration 2021 to receive encouragement and equipping which can make a difference. Be a part of what God is doing in your church and community!
Those who attend will receive a free copy of speaker Wayne Rice’s book, Long Distance Grandparenting. Books will be mailed to each host church based on registration.
10:30 AM: Opening General Session, Featuring Paul Badgett
- Paul is a KBC Regional Consultant for the East Region and spends his days encouraging pastors and helping revitalize churches. His passion for the Lord and challenging messages will give you greater perspective on how to use your time and talents for the kingdom in any stage of life.
11:30 AM: Workshop 1
- Long-Distance Grandparenting: Wayne Rice. Discover and choose from practical ideas for impacting our grandchildren despite distance (or children in the church). Wayne is the author of Long-Distance Grandparenting and a nationally recognized speaker. He has been in ministry for over 50 years and currently enjoys serving grandparents. He believes grandparents are “uniquely positioned” to speak into their grandchildren’s lives spiritually and offers many helpful insights to do so more effectively.
12:30 PM: LUNCH
1:30 PM: Workshop 2 (choose one)
- 8 Methods for Discipling Grandchildren: Rachel Cobb. Consistently engage your grandchildren in spiritual conversations and activities to pass faith onto future generations. (ch. 7, Biblical Grandparenting)
- Biblical Grandparenting: Don Murray. Explore God’s design for disciple-making and passing faith to future generations through 10 biblical themes with corresponding grandparent responsibility. (ch. 1, Biblical Grandparenting)
- Generational Generosity: Austin Wilkerson. Leave inspired by stories of generosity and learn how you can leave a lasting legacy, too.
- Prodigal Son Bible Study: Paul Badgett. Apply practical insight from Jesus’ familiar parable to prayer and expectancy related to our grandchildren.
- Warm up the Bus: Greg Swack. Need new ideas for your group’s day trips? Discover places your group could visit for fun, economical, and meaningful day trips.
2:30 PM: Closing General Session
- Jason Stewart will wrap up the event with Living Out the “Rock of Ages”: Come open the hymnal and the Bible to take a devotional study through hymns.